Tuesday, July 05, 2005

death

Recently the news reported about this NS guy who collapsed after jogging at Tekong, and was announced dead. This is the third NS guy in the month. It seems like every Wednesday there is someone from the army who will die. Sounds scary.

Whats worse, the third NS guy is one of my second brother's army friend. They came from the same batch. From what my brother told me, they went through much tougher times together, and yet he dead during his jog. He still hasn't gone to the university. He is only 19 years-old. My brother seem devastated. But he didn't cry, on the very day that when the news reported about it.

Yesterday, was the third day of his funeral. My brother went there to sent him through his last journey of life. The army covered Singapore flag over his coffin. Those people who carry his coffin are his FRIENDS. I can't imagine how does it feel like to carry my friend's coffin, it's definitely not a good thing. All the soldiers wore those pure white uniform, which you can see during National Day Parade. It shouldn't be at a funeral. No.

My brother mentioned about the NS guy's younger brother who is 17 years-old. He went up to make a speech. He said something like that, "... me and my brother always fight with each other. Since my brother is a Wu Shu champion, I'm always the one who loses the fight and gets all the injuries. How I wish I could get all those injuries again. ... to dad and mum, I know that brother has been a person that you are proud of..."

My brother also mentioned about meeting his army friends at the funeral. That shouldn't be the way. Definitely not at a funeral of one of the friends. When he saw his friends, he didn't know what to say. Should he say about those old times or what... and cry because those old times will remind them of their friend.

From what I know, that NS guy didn't want to join the army. He is a malaysian actually. But in order for the second generation to get a PR, he has to join the army. My brother was like, "...that is not the way to die... it's so wasted.. he shoudn't have joined the army..."

Till now, they still could not find the reason for his death.

No comments: