Saturday, June 18, 2005

jc or poly? / uni or poly?

Am I doing what I want to do?
Will I regret when I grow old, when I look back?
Sometimes I really envy some people. People who actually live up to the fullest of their lives.
Am I doing it?
Somehow I doubt so.
Or is it just me, alone in this world feeling this way?
Everyone seem to know what they want.
I know what I want.
But sometimes I just think that I'm heading the wrong path. Or maybe I could have moved on to a better one.
Do I have a choice, but to continue and move on?
Perhaps I had.
But now, all I can do is to do what I have to.
Is it just me, or this whole education system?
Everything just don't seem to go my way.
Will I be able to survive through it?
What would have happened if I could turn back the time?
[I know I can't]
But if I can go through all these, and still have the chance, or perhaps a magic wand. I will definitely turn back the time and worked hard.
And then, I wouldn't be here.
I wouldn't be in a junior college.
I would be in a poly. Ngee Ann Polytechnic - Mass Communication.
That was where I wanted to be. Yes, that Was.
But now, no longer.
I have to. Have to get through my 'A' Level.
After that?
University?
Perhaps.
Maybe, Nanyang Technology University.
But my brother actually told me that some of his friends had their 'A' Levels but still went on to study filming in a polytechnic.
I read through the websites a few months ago when I was preparing for the interview to get into Mass Communication.
I thought that NP would be a very suitable environment for me. They have this radio heatwave station, and chinese language practitioner as a third year module.
Anyway, Jamie Yeo, Cheryl Fox and Jean Danker were also from NP.
Whereas, NTU?
Kinda boring to me.
Maybe, now I think this way, and then, 2 years later, I might think otherwise. Who knows?
I remembered that when I first came to SRJC, I didn't bother to absorb anything into my mind. I was like, "I'm not going to stay in this school. Why should I be listening to all these?".
Because I thought that I could get through the interview.
It was the way the interviewers phrase it, they were like saying that it was up to me whether I want to study in poly or jc.
Turned out, they didn't accept me.
I was devastated when I heard the statement from the answering machine, "Your appeal is not successful."
Feasibly, I can drop out of school next year if my appeal to NP is successful. Provided I give it a try.
Should I?

No comments: